Dana has developed specific reference material to aid customers in the submission of warranty claims. In order to receive maximum reimbursement in a timely manner, please utilize these reference materials and adhere to the procedures as defined therein. Component warranty coverage can be determined through use of the Dana Commercial Vehicle Warranty Guide. Warranty coverage will vary based on product model and operational use. When filing a claim, it is important to determine if the claim to be filed has occurred within the OEM warranty period or within the Dana Extended Warranty period (vendor-based warranty period), also referred to as Direct Pay. Depending on the warranty period (OEM or Dana Direct Pay), claim filing procedures can vary. See claim filing procedure details in the Dana Commercial Warranty Manual for details or refer to the appropriate section below for a brief overview. Dana warranty training is also available to assist dealers in understanding and identifying vocation coverage and warranty parameters. See your Dana representative for details.
Dana’s Warranty Helpdesk or Real Time Warranty (RTW) is an optional process used by OEM dealers or OEM authorized repair facilities to receive a warranty repair pre-approval while the vehicle is in their shop.Warranty Pre-Call Checklist (PDF)
To contact Dana’s RTW warranty, please dial 1-877-777-5360, than hit option 3 for warranty. RTW agents are available 8:00AM to 5:00 PM EST. Prior to calling RTW, please be prepared to provide the RTW agent with detailed information pertaining to the failure and vehicle. The Pre-Call Checklist is a good tool to use to ensure all needed information is available for our warranty agent before calling.
During the call, RTW will analyze the failure based on input from the repairing facility and through review of digital pictures to determine warrantability of the failure. If the failure is deemed warrantable and falls within the warranty time period of the component, they will communicate the warranty repair strategy and advise of the hours to be paid on each repair operation. RTW can be used regardless if the failure is under OEM Warranty or under Dana’s extended warranty coverage. If the failure occurs within the OEM base warranty period, Dana will use SRT times published by the specific OEM for each repair operation. If the failure occurs outside of the OEM warranty but still within Dana’s product warranty, claims will be paid per SRT times detailed in Dana’s Warranty Manual.It is the repair facility’s responsibility to communicate any special repair situations encountered during the repair which may warrant extra time consideration, otherwise the claim will be paid based on published repair guidelines.
- Please ensure that prior to calling RTW all the failure and vehicle information is available for RTW agent.- After submitting photos to RTW, please ensure that you call back RTW for repair direction once pictures have been submitted.- Make sure clear and viewable digital pictures are provided to RTW. Be sure to include overview shots of sub-assemblies and individual failed components.- Dana Warranty replaces only parts associated with the failure mode. Parts deemed to have normal wear for the time and mileage on the component may be reused at the discretion of RTW.
- To determine warrantability on questionable failures or if a component is still under warranty.
- To determine how much time (SRT) will be paid on a repair.
- To determine what the repair strategy will be and what parts are to be replaced under warranty.
- Used for transient customer repairs where a warranty determination is quickly needed.
Warranty claims are processed per the information detailed in Dana’s Warranty Manual. There are two types of filing procedures – OEM and Direct Pay warranty. In either case RTW can be used (BUT NOT REQUIRED) prior to filing the claim. RTW is used to obtain the warrantabililty of the failure. Inquire about SRT times and/or determine repair strategy. If RTW is used, please ensure to document the RTW claim number on the appropriate filing form.
Claim Status Look-Up System for Dealers
Dealers can now look up warranty claims and get real-time claim status. To use the look-up function, you will need your OEM dealer code and repair order or Dana authorization number to view claims.
Please contact your Dana Representative or call 1-877-777-5360 for additional information on these Extended Protection Plans.